The major focus of the combined 2 and 3 year-old program is socialization. The goal is to promote a smooth transition from home to preschool, encourage the socialization of children with their peers, and foster appropriate behavior in a classroom environment.
T/TH 9:30 – 11:30 am
Instill within each child the knowledge that God loves them.
Provide an away-from-home experience that builds independence, social development, creativity, a positive self-image, a sense of achievement and security, a joy of learning, self-expression, and self-control.
To extend a child's home to include the school environment.
Skills Aimed to Achieve
- Arriving at school and adjusting easily
- Beginning to show an understanding of sharing toys
- Using “Please” and “Thank You”
- Participating in games and in a group
- Transitioning from one activity to another
- Giving first name when asked
- Identifying and naming shapes and colors
- Counting up to five objects
- Holding a book right-side up
- Grasping a crayon effectively
- Moving without stumbling
- Catching a large bounced ball
- Knowing God loves them
- Recognizing the Bible is God's special book
Activities that Reinforce
- Play activities, role playing, modeling by teachers and peers
- Group snack times
- Art, Music, and Movement Activities
- Indoor and outdoor large motor play.
- Counting Games
- Weather and calendar jobs
- Learning words and actions to music and movement
- Listening to stories
- Using coat and tote hooks
- Running, jumping, climbing
- Catching balls, balancing, hopping, parachute play
- Play-Doh, building with blocks
- Holding a crayon, coloring with crayons, finger painting
- Bible stories
- Praying before snack
- Finger plays